Monday, April 14, 2014

TROPICAL CHICKEN SALAD ;)

Hey~
It's been way to long since my last post and for that I am sorry!  We moved in December and it has taken a while to get settled but I'm hoping to get back to doing 1 a week if not more starting with one of my very favorite ways to use Bananas in a healthy recipe! So here we go!

My Tropical Chicken Salad Recipe as promised.... it's mine and if you know me I only measure things when baking so I'll do my best to share what I do!

3 cups cooked chicken - I shred ours because it tastes better and we don't like cubed chicken....to us it's weird.
4 celery stalks - rinsed and sliced
1 cup Low Fat Hellman's Mayonnaise
1 tsp Curry powder
1 can 11 oz. of Mandarin Oranges - no sugar added, drained
1 can 20 oz. chunk pineapple ( I use fresh most and about 2 cups )
2 Large Bananas sliced
Cashews and or Flaked Un-sweetened Coconut for stir in's  

In large bowl like the one I used, mix mayo and curry, then add chicken & celery and stir well until coated... you may need to add more of the mayo and curry... stir in bananas and pineapple still coated then gently fold in the mandarin oranges and enjoy!  This is also when you would add the Cashews or Peanuts.  I use which ever we have on hand.  We serve on lettuce.   It is refreshing and healthy!  Hope you all enjoy!  Feel free to share!   I would love to hear your comments!

Till next time, may your day be filled with sunshine, joy and smiles :)

sunshinejoyandsmiles.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment