Tuesday, February 12, 2013

$$ Saving Laundry Color Catchers and Up-Cycled Container

Hey just a fun thing that I did the other day to help save $$.....

We have lots of reds, oranges and bright colors and always hearing about the color catchers from friends but  I just can't see spending the extra $$ to keep my colors from bleeding and luckily they don't that much, at least I don't think so but I'm going to find out after I give these a try!

I bought some Arm and Hammer Washing Soda and cut up some white felt squares I had into 4 pieces
and so out of 3 felt white felt sheets I have 12 squares!  Awesome to see if they work well will be a test and
I'm already to do that!

I will let you know how that goes and link up to the blog I got the recipe from if it in fact does a good job later.   For now, I wanted to show you the container that I made out of a cute little wooden bucket I received several years ago from my sweet sister in law on my husbands side.  I've had it as a decoration in our utility/laundry room for at least 5 years but with no purpose; until now.  So here it was:




So it was a nice afternoon, I saw my paint from Kendall's $$ earning Chore Chart and light bulb moment; this would be perfect color for my laundry room.  I love the Ocean Blue/Turquoise color!  I'm finding I use it more and more.  So before the sun went down I untied the rope that you can hang it by and removed the twine band that was glued from the pot and painted it.

I didn't sand it or prep it other than removing the cord and ring decor.
It took about 3 to 4 coats and:


When it was dry, I put the decor back on up to the original glue mark and next got out my hot glue gun and glued it back.


All glued on, gotta love hot glue it dries so fast you can do tons of crafts in a short time frame!  I love the quickness!


I added my white felt color catchers and loved it but still needed something and another; ah ha moment!
Yes, the same vinyl letters I had used for the Chore Chart and Laundry Loot would be perfect; if I had enough and well;


I did!!!  I did have to use the lower case in order to spell correctly but my laundry room is coming along nicely!  I look forward to sharing it's transformation after I'm through but sharing the crafts I do as I move along with inspiration to up-cycle things I already have to transform them to things that I didn't use; to things that make everything about doing laundry better!

May you have a day filled with SunShine, Joy and Smiles........share your crafts with me..... and I will link the color catchers in the next few days!  God Bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment