Monday, November 11, 2013

Chipotle-Garlic Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

PUMPKIN              pumpkin                 Pumpkin     Garlic    Chipotle       #Yummy-licious!

After having the pumpkin around for a while it was time for a decision and so instead of wasting it this year we decided to carve the pumpkin & then sliced it to fit onto baking sheets and baked 350 for about an hour till the skin could be punctured by a fork and then scraped it out to freeze and use as needed instead of canned!
 I'm so excited as there always seems to be some grit in the canned pumpkin, no matter what brand, no matter what I make especially pumpkin pies...I'm very picky about textures and for the life of me can't figure out what the grit is and everyone I ask says they realize that too so from now on this is how we roll~

The exciting thing for me was to just make Pumpkin Seeds like I wanted, no recipe and hands down the best I've ever had!

The seeds from 1 large pumpkin.  
Olive oil
Mrs Dash Southwest Chipotle 
Granulated Garlic

Put seeds in a bowl fill with water, whisk away the pulp and it's amazingly fast.  

Next drain seeds, I used a paper towel to get excess moisture off.  

In the bowl of seeds, I poured about 2 tbs Olive Oil, and then covered the top of them liberally with the Chipoltle and Garlic.  Baked at 350 for about 15 or so minutes ( I checked when I started smelling them)  and totally amazed how nutty ad good they came out! 

Hope I've inspired you to Save A Pumpkin and use it all up! 

Happy Fall & May your lives be filed with Sunshine Joy and Smiles.  




Oh my goodness.....  happy happy happy    :)




No comments:

Post a Comment