Sunday, January 13, 2013

Delicious to the last drop Queso

This is something I make on cold days when we are lucky enough to get them and every time we have a get together it is gone before I turn around!  I am always asked "what's that green stuff"? Cilantro, baby, that's how we roll!  It gives it such a delicious flavor and it's bright aromatic green leaves make me smile!  :)    I am always asked for this recipe so decided to share it for those who read or follow my blog.  

This is so easy and takes about 30 minutes total before enjoying so get your self ready for a real treat!

Ingredients are:  Owens Sausage Regular ( I was browning it and forgot to snap that photo )
Velveeta Big Block Cheese, 1 Bunch Cilantro, 2 cans Rotel Original ( if too spicy, use 1 Original and 1 mild)  Cumin, Chili Powder and Paprika.  I used Smoked Paprika but also make it with regular.

First start browning your Owens Original Sausage till nice and browned, while it's cooking gather your ingredients together 


While sausage is browning cut your Velveeta into cubes, I've found it the easiest is thick slices then cube them 


Get a microwave safe glass container and put all the cheese into it then add both cans Rotel  

Now micro-wave for 4 minutes

While it's cooking stir sausage and rinse cilantro, dry with paper towel then chop it all!
Yes, even the stems, they hold wonderful flavor!  I only chop off about 1 1/2'' from the end to throw away because I like them to be fresh cut


Then take the cheese and stir it up after the 4 minutes


There will still be a few pieces not melted but now is time to add your cooked sausage 


Cook again for another couple of minutes ( my micro-wave is 1100 watt ) so just cook till cheese is smooth checking and stirring after a couple minutes.


Now time to add the green stuff!  Cilantro, all of it trust me!


As good as it is now, make it better add 1 teaspoon each:  Cumin, Chili Powder and Paprika

Stir it all up and get your chips ready to enjoy some delicious to the last drop Queso!



Enjoy and be ready to share the recipe, if you want that is ;)









No comments:

Post a Comment