Wednesday, January 30, 2013

$$$ Saving Laundry Soap Mix last for months~

Almost a year ago I was on Pintrest and discovered Laundry Soap you make that last a very long time so I had to try it!

This is one thing I am truly glad I pinned and did!  We have saved so much $$ over the past year in laundry detergent and this recipe is so incredibly easy, inexpensive, works perfectly and lasts for months!

Here is what I used to make a batch the other day:


The needed things to make this wonderful laundry fix are:

A painter's bucket - got at Home Depot for a couple dollars
Cheese Grater - the $ Store
2 Containers of Oxy Clean or the generic brand is fine ( I use both or mix if the store only has 1 of each )
1 Box Borax
1 Box Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda
1 Box Large Arm and Hammer Baking Soda
1 or 2 Bars of the Fels-Naptha Bar Laundry Soap

I empty all the ingredients into the painters bucket, but make sure to do slowly and I turn my head for the dust, then I use the large side of the grater and grate the Nels-Naptha Bar soap right into it.  I just mix all together using my hands, until the what looks like "cheese" is mixed through and then pour into the 5$ container I purchased at Walmart.  I use the scoop from the Oxy cleaner and if a really large load I use 2 scoops.  That's it!  Mine lasts approximately 8-9 months!



I have a regular machine but on all the packages it says safe for He machines.  

Do use at your own discretion as this is just what I use and share with family.  I am not taking credit for this idea as I received it from the blog linked below, she answers more ?'s if you have doubts.  

Here is the breakdown in price for months of laundry soap:    :)
Walmart:  
Container: 5.00
Oxy-Clean 3.86
Fels-Naptha .97
Super Wash Soda 3.24
Large Baking Soda  2.18
Borax 3.38
Total:  18.63   
- 5.00 for the refills
13.63  !!   

Hoping you enjoy this as much as we have!  It is truly nice NOT to have buy Tide or Cheer $$ every 2-3 weeks!
Here is the link for the pin I got it from.

Thanks to her we are spreading the $$$ saving secrets and love her site for sharing!


No comments:

Post a Comment