Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Super Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Bars

I must admit I am a Pintrest addict!  I am trying my best not to be but I had broke my arm back in April, which is another story, and was on the couch for seriously 2 full weeks with only 1 hand working right and Pintrest became my relaxing, get my mind off the pain, fun way to plan all the things I want to do!  

I have over 8,000 pins and with each one it is something I find wonderful, beautiful, special, heart-warming, funny or something that I want to do, make, create, sew, craft, bake, cook or do!  So, with that said I went on my To Do board which has a ridiculous amount of pins and trying to accomplish at least 2 a day to whittle it down!  

I have to admit, I also have a board of Things I have Tried some are from Pins and others just from myself.  I move my To Do and Delete when done to the the Tried Board and then post a comment.  
Some of them, well, leave something to be desired.  :0  While, others are excellent, fun or easy.  
I'm going to share the one I did tonight and believe I have figured out how to link it so here goes!

I made the Super Easy Chocolate Chip Cake Bars tonight and here's how I did it and my take on it. Hope it helps and will post the link for the wonderful recipe at the end.


 Okay, Ingredients:  Yellow Cake Mix or White ( I used yellow ) 1 package = 2 cups Milk Chocolate Chips, 5 TBS butter and 2 eggs.    Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  Pre-heat your oven.




 I then greased my 13 x 9 pan with some Crisco.  ( Every since I saw The Help I have used Crisco more than ever! ) No more Pam, fumes or paper towels wasted using to spread my oil.  I use my $ store rubber brush dip in Crisco and rub away and stick that sucker in the dishwasher!




Next, melt your 5 TBS butter.

 I have a Kitchen-Aid Mixer thanks to my wonderful husband on Mother's Day several years ago after I blew up 3 hand held mixers making home made Dog Treats for my Pampered Pets recipe!  :)   You will need a little muscle if you don't have a paddle attachment.



Beat your 2 eggs, then add the package of Cake mix, melted butter and chips.  It gets really stiff; think about it, like a cookie .... dough, literally!


 Scrape it off into your greased pan and pat it down till it covers the bottom of your dish..



 Then put it into the oven and bake it for 20 minutes:



 The result:  is delicious and to me tasted like a cake with chocolate frosting!  Love it and so did my husband and daughter!  Woo Hoo!


Super easy, shared with friends and it is a hit!  Hope you enjoy and here's the link to where I got to try this fun, yummy and easy Cookie Cake Bar!    
http://www.imalazymom.com/2011/02/lazy-cake-cookies.html





No comments:

Post a Comment