Monday, July 2, 2012

Banana Cream Dessert

We just love bananas and recipes that use them.  I stumbled across this recipe for a Banana Cream Dessert from my Taste Of Home back in 2003!  IT was a favorite and so easy I wanted to share it with.  Okay, here goes.



4 medium firm bananas, sliced
1/2 cup lemon juice
1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup (8 oz) sour cream  (I use light) a msall
1 pkg (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
1 carton (12 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed

Optional: 1/3 cup peanuts, pecans or walnuts for garnish and a little crunch :)

Toss bananas with lemon juice; drain well and set aside.  In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter.  Press into 9" spring-form pan.  ( you could use a square baker too)
In a small mixing bowl, beat the sour cream and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes.  Fold in bananas and whipped topping.  Pour into prepared crust.  Chill for up to 6 hours.  Sprinkle with nuts if desired.
Enjoy!

My little family did and it was gone almost as quick as I made it!

p.s. I'm still working to figure out how to add photos, buttons, tabs and all!  I'm such a newby I'm just excited I've gotten this far!  Hang with me it will be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment