Saturday, July 21, 2012

Biscuit Donuts

I remember these from when I was a kid. My grandmother used to make them when she wanted something quick and easy. I forgot until I pinned a recipe the other day. So easy ad delish!
1 can biscuits ( non-flaky )
Vegetable Oil
Sugar
Cinnamon

I used my electric skillet and covered the bottom in oil.
* use the bottom of a wood spoon to test temperature for frying, little bubbles will be all over the butt of the spoon*

They were so quick and easy. I used the standard biscuit size and cut a hole with my apple corer, you could just have them e a puff but we like the donut holes almost as much as the donuts themselves.

Heat the oil, test with bottom of wood spoon

Open and separate biscuits cut out holes if desired

Mix about 1 cup of sugar and enough cinnamon to turn sugar a little brown.

Fry donuts till they puff a little and you can tell they are brown on bottom. Then flip ad brown the other side.

Remove from oil then dip into sugar mix and enjoy!! They really do melt in your mouth! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment